This is a nice little lab to practice multiple Cisco CCNA objectives.
It includes : PPP with CHAP, Frame-Relay, VLAN Routing & Switch Management, and EIGRP
You can download the Packet Tracer 5.2 file here: PPP, Switching, and Frame-Relay
1. Configure all Standard Cisco Best practices
(console password, annoyance fixes, enable password, motd, etc)
2. Configure SSH only (Disabling telnet) on all devices that support SSH with a username of cisco and a password of sanfran
3.Configure PPP witch CHAP on the PEORIA to CHI Router
4. Configure Frame-Relay *without* subinterfaces on the SANFRAN to CHI Routers
WARNING!! DO A “no inverse-arp” BEFORE your NO SHUTDOWN!!!!
You will need to create a frame-relay map to map the next hop IP Address to the DLCI
Use the approrpriate show commands to view the available DLCIs at each end
5. Configure EIGRP to advertise all routes
6. Configure Peoria to route for the VLAN switch traffic
7. Configure the Switch Network:
Configure the administrative interfaces
Set the VTP Domain to BIGBANK
Set the VTP Password to money4u
Make Switch 2 the VTP server and all other switches VTP clients.
Create 802.1q Trunks between the switches
Set the Native VLAN to VLAN 123 on all trunks
Make a Blackhole VLAN and place all unused switchports in the Blackhole VLAN
Disable all unused ports
8. Verify connectivity using SHOW commands
9. Finally, verify connectivity by pinging from ALL PCs to PCs